In the style of Jeff Foxworthy, I give you a few quotes to help you figure out if you are an artist or not.
If you relate and find yourself vigorously nodding your head yes, you know you are one. Enjoy!
- “An artist painting a picture should have at his side a man with a club to hit him over the head when the picture is finished” – John Singer Sargent
- “I regret very much that I have painted a picture that requires any description” – Winslow Homer
- “Every time I paint a portrait, I lose a friend” – John Singer Sargent
- “Have no fear of perfection, you will never reach it” – Salvador Dali
- “Portrait is a painting with something wrong with the mouth” – John Singer Sargent
Do you have a favorite art quote?
I relate strongly with #1. If my daughter didn’t pull me away, I would keep tweaking endlessly and end up with mud.